Health and Safety Policy
At the Sadie Bareham Pro Academy we are committed to achieving high standards of health, safety and environmental practice.
We intend to ensure the health and safety of all persons who may be affected by our activities by
- Consulting with and involving tutors and learners in matters relating to their own health and safety.
- Providing, managing and maintaining our workplace so that they are as far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled.
- Providing adequate and appropriate facilities.
- Providing, managing and maintaining equipment so that it is so far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled.
- Identifying hazards and conducting risk assessments when appropriate in order to minimise the risk for all activities undertaken by the Academy.
- Providing the information instruction training and supervision at all levels necessary to ensure that tutors and learners are competent to supervise or undertake their work activities and are aware of any related hazards and the measures to be taken to protect against them and giving adequate information on relevant hazards to any persons whose health and safety might be affected by them.
- Keeping up to date with best practice in relation to health and safety and complying with all relevant legislation and authoritative guidance.
We will promote a positive health and safety culture in the Academy and educate our students in health and safety. Wherever possible information on health and safety legislation and standards applicable to a particular course will be included.
We undertake to continually review and develop our safety management systems with the overarching aim of conducting our activities in a manner which does not affect the health and safety of any educators, learners, visitors or members of the public or adversely affect the environment.